A collection of ideas and works by a cosplay beginner.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Blog Six: Just for fun: Oglethorpe of Aqua Teen Hunger Force

This was one of two presents I gave my brother for Christmas. One of our things is we watch the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie over and over again. We love it. I can’t tell you why, I can’t even explain. It’s completely stupid and we love it. And probably our favourite character from it is this guy, Oglethorpe. He’s an angry alien who speaks with an Austrian/German accent.



Oglethorpe: Aqua Teen Hunger Force



This was SERIOUSLY the easiest toy to make! All I did was made a simplified outline from a screenshot of him, choosing only the biggest triangles that jut in and out of his profile. And then I.... STICHED IT ALL TOGETHER! Soooooo easy, especially compared to the other toy I made my brother. And don’t forget the small band of white material for his ‘drool-band’. The hardest part was probably the face, to be honest. I tried to embroider it in, like I did with Kyo-chan’s mouth (see Blog Two). But it is impossible to embroider eyes... at least for me. So I cut all that off and just hot-glued cardboard eyes and a smile on.

“Yay!!!”

I’m happy with: How happy he looks!

I’m not happy with: How I fudged up on the embroidery experimentation. You can see some dirty black marks from where I used the sharpie. Bleh!

No comments:

Post a Comment