A collection of ideas and works by a cosplay beginner.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Blog Seven: Just for fun: Ba-ba-ba-bwaaaaa! Presenting the Earl of Lemongrab! (Adventuretime)


The second toy I made my brother for Christmas was the Earl of Lemongrab from Adventuretime! He was a lot harder than Oglethorpe and I really struggled with making his arms and legs.

 
Here’s the pattern I used:



I cut his body out of yellow fleece, and his clothes out of black leather-like material. His eyes and mouth are just cardboard!

Sew the two pieces of the body together and stuff it. The place I chose to stuff it was under the arm, a very small hole, then sewed that together. Then I sewed the legs of the suit up, slipped his legs in, and then sewed up the back of the suit. Then I sewed the sleeves into tubes, slid them on, and then attached them to the shoulders of the suit.

What I’m happy with: His expression. It freaks me out.

What I could improve on: the arms, legs, and the suit. Very hard to make and so I didn’t make them as well as I could have if I were a more patient person.

Now THREE HOURS DUNGEON! 


No comments:

Post a Comment