A collection of ideas and works by a cosplay beginner.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Blog Twelve: Happily Ever After? The White Rabbit

The following costume took hours and hours of labour and gave me nightmares. In fact, trying to get my head around how to tell you about it is giving me a waking nightmare right now... so let's try!

First off, I'll tell you about Happily Ever After. It was the 'flagship' LARP for Chimera 2012 and it was amazing. It was basically a fairytale murder mystery. Yep, it was that awesome! I played the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland. I played it kind of androgynously, and also totally hysterically. Most people remember me for running around trying to deliver a package to someone non-existent, and squealing when I cried. It was good fun.


Sadly, I don't have any pictures from the actual night! My camera ran out of battery. My makeup was much better on the actual night.

Anyway, let me break down what you see here. On my legs and arms I'm wearing white tights. Underneath the red coat I'm wearing my own creation, a kind of "fat leotard". Then there is the red coat itself. Now for how I made it...



Materials: leotard: white fleece, thick elastic, oversize white buttons
Coat: black felt, red brocade, oversize black buttons
(Sorry, there aren't any good pictures of the pleating, it's hard to photograph because it's all the same colour... but it looks really good! You'll just have to take my word for it)

The only thing I wasn't very happy with was that the four black felt pieces at the bottom weren't very obvious. But if you can't tell, it's the four suits of cards! (except I forgot clubs is supposed to be a three leaf clover, not four... but four is cuter!!)

I had the time of my life at Chimera and had so many compliments on both the costumes I made (and the one I didn't make, LOL...). I can't wait for next year! I'm going to be at Teonn for the weekend in December, for those of you not in the know that's another LARP, medieval fantasy themed. I can't wait! But I'm not sure how much sewing I'm doing for that one... I may be a bit sewed out after Cait Sith...

No comments:

Post a Comment